5 years (HR)
Building a global insurance safety net that is simple, easy to understand, and accessible to all.
MIC Global (MIC) is a full stack technology focused insurance company. MIC has brought together sales, distribution, product and technology to focus on new insurance opportunities coming from the new digital economy for billions of people and millions of micro and small businesses globally. MIC provides insurance to internet platforms, millions of micro & small businesses. At MIC, we are changing the insurance business. We are constantly working to create insurance policies that do exactly what insurance is supposed to do – provide a safety net to help people recover quickly from problems large and small. Over the last 300 years, insurance has not done such a great job of this, globally few people buy and it’s seen as complicated, expensive and untrustworthy.
We are dedicated to changing this perception of insurance, and we are doing this through our actions. So far, we have issued over 3 million policies in 15 countries, and we are not slowing down anytime soon. We believe recovering from adversity should not be a privilege for only the wealthy and the few, which is why we are committed to distributing insurance to the world’s low and middle-income people and micro businesses. To make insurance accessible, we are often required to solve complex problems. Every country we operate in requires different solutions that are unique to that region. Thus, we have created and implemented many innovative financial services which are distributed through e-commerce partners and platforms, banks, mobile networks and mobile wallets.
At MIC, we pledge to share our skills and ideas to enable other insurance companies to grow their own businesses and to reach more people. We believe together, we can reach 4 billion people.
We are looking for an innovative and dynamic HR person that enjoys wearing multiple hats within a Company and will be able to hit the ground running and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The person in this role will act as an ambassador for MiC when interacting with candidates, new hires and existing employees. They will lead the implementation of the Company’s People Strategy in line with business objective. It facilitates talent management, succession planning and employee mobility while defining and overseeing frameworks that support employee performance management, reward learning and development, resourcing and engagement.
- Design and implement global HR strategies and governance.
- Serve as a point of contact for HR related enquiries
- Create a consistent, positive work atmosphere through the communication and administration of HR policies and procedures.
- Provide support to our recruiting organisation by managing online job postings, interview coordination, shared interviewing and generation of offer letters.
- Coordinate logistics for the MiC onboarding process (background checks, new hire orientation, required trainings, post hire check in meetings).
- Process personnel changes (acquire proper approvals, perform data entry, ensure changes are reflected in applicable internal systems)
- Coordinate logistics for the MiC offboarding process (exit interviews, surveys, termination meetings and processing and documentation)
- Partner with Finance Team to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Support the continuous improvement of our internal HR Processes
- Assist with miscellaneous HR Projects as needed
You will also get a chance to be part of:
🌍 Global team expansion: Building up a world-class team of talented and passionate people.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of HR practices (employment laws, compliance, benefits etc)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues, hold self and others accountable to achieve goals and resolve problems.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Experience in start-up / growing Company and environment.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Share Option Scheme
- Excellent compensation plan, well above the market average
- You will be working for a Company that has talented colleagues and has a passionate focused culture
- Extensive possibility for growth and professional development
Role reports into:
CFO : Chetan Dharamshi | LinkedIn
CEO : Harry Croydon | LinkedIn