Building a global insurance safety net that is simple, easy to understand, and accessible to all.
MIC Global (MIC) is a full stack technology focused insurance company. MIC has brought together sales, distribution, product, and technology to focus on new insurance opportunities coming from the new digital economy for billions of people and millions of micro and small businesses globally. MIC provides insurance to internet platforms, millions of micro & small businesses. At MIC, we are changing the insurance business. We are constantly working to create insurance policies that do exactly what insurance is supposed to do – provide a safety net to help people recover quickly from problems large and small. Over the last 300 years, insurance has not done such a great job of this, globally few people buy and it is seen as complicated, expensive and untrustworthy.
We are dedicated to changing this perception of insurance, and we are doing this through our actions. So far, we have issued over 3 million policies in 15 countries, and we are not slowing down anytime soon. We believe recovering from adversity should not be a privilege for only the wealthy and the few, which is why we are committed to distributing insurance to the world’s low and middle-income people and micro businesses. To make insurance accessible, we are often required to solve complex problems. Every country we operate in requires different solutions that are unique to that region. Thus, we have created and implemented many innovative financial services which are distributed through e-commerce partners and platforms, banks, mobile networks, and mobile wallets.
At MIC, we pledge to share our skills and ideas to enable other insurance companies to grow their own businesses and to reach more people. We believe together, we can reach 4 billion people.
This professional will report to the Head of Pricing and serve as part of the Underwriting Team.
As a pricing actuary at MIC Global, your role will be to support the actuarial team in driving pricing decisions from actionable insights by account. The pricing process is done through several steps that you will need to accomplish: framing of the data in terms of business questions, turning data into insights, turning insights into actionable deliverables, creating pricing models, and issuing quotes.
The pricing actuary will monitor the performance of insurance products derived from the raw data collected. In addition, this role will be responsible for the creation of automated reports and presentation of dashboards to the management team.
These goals will be accomplished through strong business acumen and understanding of data. The ideal candidate will be proficient in querying, investigating, transforming, analyzing, and visualizing a variety of types of data using different analytical methods and tools.
If you’re passionate about technology, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with sales, marketing, operations, compliance, and claims data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and to join a start-up leading the transformation of the micro insurance industry.
- Collaborate with leaders and stakeholders to understand business issues, frame issues in terms of data, analyze business or project performance using statistical methods, and create modeling to evaluate and share findings and recommendations
- Identify, develop, and implement data strategy across the business in collaboration with business and technology teams
- Perform testing and validation of data sets
- Create a set of data based on market research
- Build, monitor, and update models for innovative partnerships where little to no data exists
- Leverage wide range of statistical methodologies and data to tackle business problems and assist with design of product offerings
- Document analysis and create technical documents and guidelines to be used in underwriting process
- Communicate pricing decisions effectively to non-technical audience
- Serve as a “trusted advisor” to underwriting and other business teams on the use and analysis of data
- Highly curious about new ideas in insurance and broadly worldwide
- Motivated learner, willing to operated outside of the box
- Ability to model theoretical concepts using proxy data sets
- Demonstrated experience driving business decisions through data-driven actionable recommendations
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary groups
- Proactive approach to work with the capability to plan, prioritise and handle workload to ensure expectations of stakeholders are effectively managed
- Strong decision-making skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Fluency in spoken and written English will be essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, data science, actuarial science, statistics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with Insurance Industry
- Experience working with a Lloyds Syndicate and/or Consumer Business
- Additional language capabilities
- PTO + 8 Company Holidays
- Bonus and Share Unit Potential
- You will be working for a company that has talented colleagues and has a passionate focused culture
- Extensive potential for growth and professional development
- Opportunity to have a large impact at MIC Global through development of the technology systems and implementation
London (UK) or Nashville Tennessee (USA), with flexibility to align with UK/USA business hours.
Role reports into:
Head of Pricing : Alizée Graf I LinkedIn
Chief Underwriting Officer : Paige Stiefel | LinkedIn
CEO : Harry Croydon | LinkedIn