Office: MIC Global, Haywood House, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Web Usage Agreement
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By clicking “I agree” below, you agree to comply with and be bound by these important legal terms and conditions. If you don’t agree, you will be unable to access any information contained on the MIC Global (“MIC”) website. The MIC website is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the MIC website is prohibited. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the MIC website.
The information provided on the MIC website is intended solely for the use of insurance professionals and intermediaries and is not aimed at the ultimate purchaser of any products or services. By checking the box and entering the MIC website, you acknowledge and certify that you are a professional advisor or intermediary who has such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters that you are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of the information provided on this website.
The information contained on the MIC website does not constitute, and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire of any insurance, product or services or to engage in any other transaction. The information on the MIC website is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or would subject MIC or any of its affiliates to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
The products and services as described on this website can only be offered and sold in those jurisdictions where they may be lawfully offered and sold and where no registration requirements apply and in any event will only be sold on a private placement basis since they are not suitable for retail or unsophisticated purchasers.
Each prospective purchaser of any of our products or services should consult his or her own legal counsel, accountant or other professional advisor for advice concerning the various legal, tax and economic considerations relating to MIC’s products and services and insurance generally. The information on the MIC website is provided for information only and should not form the basis of any insurance decision. While MIC has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information on its website is accurate as at the date of its publication, MIC does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of such information, and neither MIC nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents accepts any liability to any person or entity who relies upon such information for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages or any other damages or losses of whatsoever kind. Furthermore, neither MIC nor any of its affiliates accepts any responsibility for any information contained in any third-party website accessed via a hypertext link from the MIC website. The content, accuracy and opinions expressed in such websites are not checked, analyzed, monitored or endorsed by MIC or its affiliates. Information accessed on this website is protected under applicable copyright laws. You may not copy, re-publish or re-distribute the information contained on this website for commercial purposes or gain, without the prior written approval of MIC.
The MIC website contains names and logos, which are trademarks of MIC and/or its affiliates. Any use of any of these names and logos would, without prior consent, constitutes an infringement of those trademarks and is thus forbidden.
We respect the privacy of every individual who visits this site, www.micglobal.com. MIC Global (MIC) policy on the collection and use of personal information is outlined below.
What information do we collect?
The information that will be collected is considered necessary for a legitimate purpose and contractual obligations that arise from the provision of services to you.
To enable us to provide you with the right product or service to meet your needs we may collect and process personal information which may include, but not necessarily be limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, postal address, occupation, date of birth, additional details of risks related to your enquiry or product and payment details (including bank account number and sort code). We may ask you for this information on our website.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect and use personal information for business purposes only in order to:
- Communicate with you
- Create and inform you of products or services that may meet your needs
- To alert you to any product news, special offers, updated information and other news services from MIC
- To help us create content most relevant to you
- Administrate or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you may have with us
- Anticipate and resolve problems with your service
When do we share your information?
Our service involves the sharing of your personal data between industry market participants – in order to provide the services detailed on this website in order that they may:
- Analyse your particular service needs
- Provide you with an estimate or quote for their services (where appropriate)
- Administrate or otherwise carry out their obligations in relation to any agreement you have with them
- Anticipate and resolve problems with your service
- Handle a claim or complaint matter
- Create and inform you of products or services that may better meet your needs
Where sensitive personal information relates to anyone other than you, you must obtain the explicit consent of the person to whom the information relates both to the disclosure of such information to us and its use by us as set out above.
We will not disclose any personally identifiable information for third party marketing or for any other purposes without your consent unless we are legally entitled to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime). You will be treated as having given your permission for disclosures referred to in this policy.
If we provide information to a third party we will require it and any of its agents and/or suppliers to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Fair Processing Notice or Policy and in line with GDPR.
- Market research and tracking of sales data
- Sending you information about our products and services
If you do not want us to use the information relating to you for any of the above purposes or to disclose your name, address and email as set out above, please contact us as set out below. If you do choose to ask us to stop using your personal data for these purposes, then:
Neither we nor our associate offices will use personally identifiable information relating to you for marketing purposes. If you linked to our site from a third party Website, we will not disclose any personally identifiable information relating to you to the third party which owns or operates the Website from which you linked to our site.
If, however, you are or have been involved in an Agreement with us then we may continue to process data for the purpose of administrating and otherwise in connection with that Agreement. This requirement will continue for as long as we have an Agreement with you and for a reasonable period of time afterwards (as, for example, we may be legally obliged to retain information about you for a given period of time).
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the Website from which you linked to our site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this Website.
Information placed on your computer
We may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer when you look at our site. This information facilitates your use of our Website and ensures that you do not need to re-enter your details every time you visit it. You can erase or block this information from your computer if you want to (your help screen or manual should tell you how to do this).
Keeping our records accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will continue to update these measures as new technology becomes available.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information in line with industry practices, including storage in electronic and paper formats.
- We store all the information that you provide to us, including information provided via forms you may complete on our websites, and information which we may collect from your browsing (such as clicks and page views on our websites).
- Any new information you provide us may be used to update an existing record we hold for you.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was originally provided, unless we are required by law or have other legitimate reasons to keep it for longer (for example if necessary for any legal or claims proceedings).
We will normally keep information for no more than 7 years after termination or cancellation of a product, contract or service we provide. In certain cases, we will keep your information for longer, particularly where a product includes longer liability periods for which a claim could potentially be made by you or a third party at a future date, even after your contract with us has ended.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other Websites even if you access them using links from our Website. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to our Website from a third-party Website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of these sites. We recommend that you check the policy of that third party Website and contact the owner or operator of such Website if you have any concerns or questions.
Under GDPR you have the right to change or withdraw your consent and to request details of any personal data that we hold about you. If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal data or our response to any request made by you to exercise any of your rights, or if you think that we have breached the GDPR, then you have the right to complain to the ICO. Should you wish to review, amend or transfer any of the personal data we hold on you please contact our Data Protection Officer at the earliest opportunity. Further details of your rights and your right to complain to the ICO can be obtained by visiting the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/.
We are required by law, to change or update this Privacy and Fair Processing Notice to keep it accurate and current
If at any time you would like to contact us, the details are available on our Contact Us page.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material (including text, photographs and other images and sound) contained in this website are owned by MIC or have been licensed to MIC by the rights owner(s) so that MIC can use this material as part of this website. You are only allowed to use this website and the material contained in the website as set out below. If you wish to do anything else with any of the material you must obtain the written permission of the owner of the rights in that material.
This website contains trademarks, including this name and logo. All trademarks included on this website belong to MIC or have been licensed to MIC by the trademark owner(s) for use on this website. You are not allowed to copy or otherwise use any of these trademarks in any way except as set out below. If you wish to do anything else with any of the trademarks you must obtain the written permission of the owner of that trademark.
What you are allowed to do:
- You may access any part of the website to which access is open to all users
- Access to some parts of the Website is only possible by password. You may only access these parts of the Website if you have a valid password
- You may print off one copy only of any individual page for your own personal use, as long as you do not do any of the things set out under “what you are not allowed to do”
- Permission to use Documents from this website is granted, provided that:
- The copyright notice below appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear
- Use of such Documents from this Website is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media without the express permission of MIC
- No modifications of any Documents are made. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law
What you are not allowed to do:
- You are not allowed to copy (whether by printing off on to paper, storing on disk or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the website except as set out under “What You Are Allowed to Do”
- You are not allowed to copy or use any material from the website for any commercial purpose at all, unless agreed expressly with MIC
- You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the website
This website includes links to external websites. These links are provided in order to help you find relevant services which may be of interest to you quickly and easily. You are solely responsible for deciding whether any of these services are suitable for your purposes. MIC is not responsible for the suppliers of these services or the goods they supply or for the content of their websites and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these.
It is a condition of using this site or trading with MIC that MIC bears no responsibility for any loss suffered by you, through our website or telecommunications becoming unavailable for any reason, but in particular because of faults with our telecommunications providers, Internet Service Providers or faults suffered by other infrastructure providers elsewhere on the Internet.
Changes to terms and conditions and disclaimer:
MIC may change the web terms and conditions and disclaimer set out above from time to time. By browsing this website you are accepting that you are bound by the current web terms and conditions and disclaimer and so you should check these each time you revisit the site.
Changes to operation of website:
MIC may change the format and content of this website (or of any of it’s products or services offered via this website) at any time.
MIC may suspend the operation of this website (or suspend provision of any insurance products or services offered via this website) for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
MIC reserves the right to terminate access to this website (and to products and services offered via the website) at any time and without notice.
If you have a question or complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of these pages are copyright © 2020. The copying or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material available on the web site in any form is prohibited save that you may:
- Print or download extracts of the material on this web site without modification for your personal use;
- Copy the material on this site for the purpose of sending to individual third parties for their personal information provided that you acknowledge us as the source of information and that you inform the third party that these conditions apply to them and that they must comply with them.
- MIC Global, the device symbol used in the MIC Global logo, NoQuibblz, the device symbol used as NoQuibblz logo, are trademarks of MIC.
HOW MIC USES BROWSER COOKIES.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website which can subsequently retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and will contain some anonymous information, such as a unique identifier, and the site name. This allows a website to remember things like your preferences or account details.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
COOKIES ON THIS WEBSITE
Our site uses the following types of cookies:
- ‘Strictly necessary cookies’ that enable key basic features such as accessing secure areas or recording the contents of a shopping cart.
- ‘Functionality cookies’ which enhance your browsing experience by providing enhanced functionality, for example by storing your preferences.
- ‘Performance cookies’ that help us analyse the way the site is used and so allow us to improve it, giving you a better user experience.
Third Party Cookies
HOW WE USE OUR COOKIES
We do not sell the information collected by our cookies or use our cookies to provide adverts. We only disclose the information collected by our cookies to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so (for example, where required to by government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
If you would like to opt out of Performance or Functionality cookies used on this site, please un-check the boxes below.
In order to store this preference, it is necessary to set cookies in your browser. If you clear your cookies or change your browser, and in any case after one year, the setting will be lost.