Building a global insurance safety net that is simple, easy to understand, and accessible to all.
MIC Global (MIC) is a full stack technology focused insurance company. MIC has brought together sales, distribution, product and technology to focus on new insurance opportunities coming from the new digital economy for billions of people and millions of micro and small businesses globally. MIC provides insurance to internet platforms, millions of micro & small businesses. At MIC, we are changing the insurance business. We are constantly working to create insurance policies that do exactly what insurance is supposed to do – provide a safety net to help people recover quickly from problems large and small. Over the last 300 years, insurance has not done such a great job of this, globally few people buy and it’s seen as complicated, expensive and untrustworthy.
We are dedicated to changing this perception of insurance, and we are doing this through our actions. So far, we have issued over 3 million policies in 15 countries, and we are not slowing down anytime soon. We believe recovering from adversity should not be a privilege for only the wealthy and the few, which is why we are committed to distributing insurance to the world’s low and middle-income people and micro businesses. To make insurance accessible, we are often required to solve complex problems. Every country we operate in requires different solutions that are unique to that region. Thus, we have created and implemented many innovative financial services which are distributed through e-commerce partners and platforms, banks, mobile networks and mobile wallets.
At MIC, we pledge to share our skills and ideas to enable other insurance companies to grow their own businesses and to reach more people. We believe together, we can reach 4 billion people.
The claims experience is the shop window into MIC, therefore we pride ourselves on creating a hassle-free and smooth journey for our partners and their customers.
As a Claims Team Manager, you will be a people focused person who strives to deliver an exceptional claim and complaint experience. You will be a process driven problem solver always striving for continuously improvement. You will use your experience and the tools available to ensure that targets are always monitored and achieved. You will collaborate with the wider business to support upcoming projects and work towards the wider business goals.
As the Claims Manager, you will also build and focus on the engagement and development of your team to ensure that all team members work to the best of their ability and feel comfortable and confident in expressing improvement opportunities.
- Managing the day-to-day operation of your team of claims and complaint handlers, ensuring the team is focused on hitting daily targets and KPI’s
- Monitoring claims and complaint handling performance of your team against agreed processes and targets
- Continuous review of claims and complaint process to ensure the best possible customer journey making suggestions for improvement
- Working with our Technology Team on process improvement and automation of systems
- Supporting and coaching your claims handlers focusing on their professional development, knowledge, and skills
- Accountable for performance metrics and reporting and presentation to leadership
- Working with other teams across the business on upcoming projects and working collaboratively to achieve the wider business goals
- Responsible for day to day claims and complaint handling for assigned accounts
- Recruit, hire and build our claims team in the Bangalore office
You will also get a chance to be part of:
🌍 Global team expansion: Building up a world-class team of talented and passionate people.
- Highly curious about new ideas in insurance and broadly worldwide
- Motivated learner, willing to operate outside of the box
- Innovative thinking – willing curious to find new ways to fulfill traditional job functions
- Collaborative and organized
- Knowledge, interest, and experience in insurance claims management gained within a (re)insurance company or broking environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to challenge both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, process driven, ability to identify issues and suggest resolutions, hold self and others accountable to achieve goals and resolve problems
- Ability to identify and drive improvement in customer journey
- High level active listening skills with experience and ability to respond in a professional manner
- Ability to negotiate, influence and effectively disseminate knowledge and articulate opinion, whilst maintaining awareness of commercial environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proactive approach to work with the capability to plan, prioritise and handle workload to ensure expectations of stakeholders are effectively managed.
- MS Office – to an intermediate level particularly Excel
- Bilingual – Must have a good command of written and spoken English and Hindi
- Previous insurance/claims related industry experience
- Previous experience in process improvement
- Previous Claims Management
- Previous high volume fast paced call/complaint center experience
- Undergraduate degree in Risk Management, Insurance, Actuarial Science
- Any insurance designations
- Opportunity to build your Team as we grow
- You will be working for a Company that has talented colleagues and a passionate focused culture
- Extensive possibility for growth and professional development